Sunday, February 22, 2009

Opposition

"You can never know the good if you've never known the bad,
You can never be happy if you've never been sad...."

At 7:10 tonight, I pulled into the Kidney Center in SeaTac area. I wasn't looking for a kidney. I needed a new heart. Mine had gotten way too tight in my chest and was threatening to break. The Kidney Center just happened to be the closest parking lot. Driving was all the sudden impossible as tears flooded my eyes and my throat was so choked I couldn't respond when Larry said he thought we were going the wrong way.

At 7:oo, I hugged and kissed my beautiful 22 year old son good-bye as I dropped him off at his hotel so he could leave for basic training with the AirForce. He will be gone for 8 weeks of training then enter Tech school for another 5 months. It's not like it's forever, or even a really long time. But it is the official leaving the nest, baby all grown up thing that wreaks havoc on a mother's heart. I am incredibly proud of him and very excited for him also. Still, my heart hurts.

On the other end of the spectrum, my other grown up baby, Renee, found out she is having a baby boy. No questions this time. Definately a boy. My heart rejoices.

So, this weekend, we cheered for Renee, congratulated Garret with a big family party, celebrated my sister Lorri's 40th birthday and tearfully sent Garret off to his new life and adventures....Opposition....

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2009 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Karla said...

Aw - opposition, don't you love it and yet totally not love it as well. I am grateful for it, but wish it was more on the positive side. I suppose you have to have the bitter to know the sweet right!?

I was wondering how you were holding up with the Garret leaving the nest. I am excited for him. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with him! I hope your heart heals soon, or maybe just doesn't ache so much. Do keep us updated on his adventure!

I defenitely don't look forward to having my kids leave. It was hard to even send them off to school as the time came for each of them. I can't image the heartache as they really leave home for their life's adventures. My time will come though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home