Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's a Boy...or a Girl

On a snowy, slushy, yucky day, I left work early to go to Renee's ultrasound appointment. After an hour of checking measurements, spine, heart, bones, etc., in a last minute, seemingly half-hearted effort, the technician checked for gender. "Well, it looks like maybe boy parts, or an umbilical cord in the way, can't really tell." and in the space for gender, placed a question mark. So, there you have it...now we know. It's a boy, or a girl!
We got a couple great profile pictures, a cute little wave of the hand, lots of swimming and an adorable foot with toes shot, but no gender specific information. Renee was so disappointed. So was I. She had a friend tell her about a new pee test that is supposed to be able to tell. Maybe that exists and she can check it out. Assuming there are no complications, this will probably be her one and only ultrasound. Bummer.
It's strange I am still battling with my emotions on this all. If I am talking to a complete stranger it is easy to be excited and all, but whenever I discuss this with someone I know well, I get all mixed up in my emotions. Half excited, half tearful....I never know how to react, and am often surprised by the emotions that seem to take over. At home we joke and laugh about it. The ole "humor" in place of uncomfortable emotions we don't know how to deal with. Sound familiar? Renee seems to be doing better than me I think. But I know she definately has a baby in there, and that means I am definately going to be a grandma in about 4 months. I guess I am just still pretty overwhelmed by it all. My baby girl Renee is having a baby and I am just not quite ready for that. Motherhood intensified and magnified?

1 Comments:

At February 11, 2009 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Karla said...

I am glad you got that finalized, that is at least a boy or a girl! That seems so much better now, I was really worried! LOL So are you gonna be Grandma Brenda, Grandma Cline, or Nana, Granny, Abuela, or something else? ? ? I think Renee will do great, she is a fighter and will step up to the next stage in her life of being a Mama. I was just thinking about this in this last week thinking she should be at that time when she would be having her ultrasound. Do you guys have a mall or place like Fetal Photos that do Ultrasound pictures? They are about $80 here, but you can get great pics and also find out what you are having as long as baby cooperates.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home